5. We collect Personal Information:
7. If, at any time, Users or individuals provide Personal Information or other information about someone other than the User or individual, that User or individual warrants that it has the person’s consent to provide or disclose such information.
In the course of providing the Sites and Services, it is necessary for us to collect Personal Information. If we are collecting the information, we will always let Users know when Personal Information is being collected. The Personal Information that we collect allows us to identify who individuals are for the purposes of our business, contact individuals in the ordinary course of business and, if relevant, transact with individuals. Without limitation, the type of information we may collect about individuals is as follows.
3. We may also collect non‐personal information about individuals such as information regarding the use of mobile devices, computers, operating systems, networks and browsers. This may include IP addresses. Where non‐personal information is collected the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply.
4. We do not generally collect health, criminal, medical and other sensitive information about individuals except in the case of storing electronic versions of Security Forms for some of our Users.
1. Some Personal Information is collected as a result of our dealings with individuals. Some Personal Information is collected as a result of Users using our Site and Services. We may also receive Personal Information about individuals from sources such as Users, advertising, public records, mailing lists, contractors, staff, recruitment agencies and our business associates. Personal Information may be collected as follows.
2. If Users use any commenting, reviewing or analogous functionality in our Sites, certain information that those Users post that can identify them may be read by other Users. We will not be responsible for the Personal Information that Users submit in this respect.
1. We will not use the Personal Information that we hold for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless we have the relevant individual’s permission. The purpose of collection is determined by the circumstances in which the Personal Information was collected. We may use personal information with partner organisations to build a more robust platform.
3. Personal Information is used to enable us to operate our Sites and provide our Services. This may include:
4. It is necessary, and by using the Services, Users consent, for us to disclose their Personal Information to third parties in a manner compliant with the Australian Privacy Principles in the course of our business, which includes disclosure of Personal Information:
We will not sell the Personal Information of individuals to unrelated third parties under any circumstances
1. Individuals may opt to not have us collect Personal Information. This may prevent us from offering our Sites and Services and may terminate the individual’s access to some or all of the Sites or Services provided by us. Individuals will be aware of this when:
1. We and our employees, contractors and other authorised representatives will take all reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from unauthorised access. This includes appropriately securing our physical facilities and electronic networks.
3. By using any of the Sites, Users acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. Users provide information, including Personal Information, to us via the Site at their own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, Personal Information where the security of information is not within our control.
5. If individuals suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, their Personal Information, individuals are obligated to let us know immediately.
6. We are not liable for any loss, damage or claim arising out of another person’s use of an individual’s Personal Information.
7. Where Personal Information we hold is no longer necessary, we delete the information or permanently de‐identify it.
2. We may charge individuals a reasonable fee for our costs incurred in meeting any requests to disclose Personal Information that we hold about those individuals.
Personal Information may be stored, processed and accessed in the United States. By contracting with us for Services or the use of our Sites, individual’s consent to the transfer of Personal Information outside Australia. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information that has been transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the Australian Privacy Principles.
2. If we have a dispute with an individual regarding his or her Personal Information, the individual must make a good faith attempt to resolve the issue directly with us.
3. If an individual is dissatisfied by how we deal with his or her complaint, the complaint may then be taken to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
4. If we become aware of any unauthorised access to an individual’s Personal Information, we will inform the individuals affected at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
1. Users should address all correspondence with regards to privacy and Personal Information to the “Privacy Officer”.
2. Individuals must contact the Privacy Officer by email in the first instance. The email address for the Privacy Officer is: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Privacy Officer mail address is:
Level 6, 25 King St,
Contacting the Australian Information Commissioner for further information on privacy laws
If further information about privacy laws in Australia is required, please contact https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us
Last Updated: 20th of September 2018